No announcement yet.

From $16,888 Quote to $16,888 Domain Sale

Collapse
X
Collapse
  •  

• From $16,888 Quote to $16,888 Domain Sale

Hello and Assalamo Alaikum,

It was a fantastic last week of March where I closed two good sales. I had a great February month especially due to the sale of LiftLab.com whose detail can be found here in case anyone missed it. Last month wasn’t much of a difference when I closed the following two sales.

First, a direct inquiry came for BoostCamp.com via WHOIS in early February for which I quoted $6888. I got counter offer of $1750 which I declined. After going back and forth in exchanging several emails, the buyer agreed upon the originally quoted price of $6888. Payment was received last week. Unless the payment doesn’t arrive in escrow, I don’t consider it a successful sale as we’ve seen many potential buyers backed out with silence after even starting escrow. So all in all, it took more than a month to complete this deal. But all ended well as I didn’t need to pay any commission and pocketed full amount. By the way, I acquired the domain last year for low-mid 3 figures.

I used Sedo escrow and put the escrow fee to be paid by buyer. Sedo escrow service is better than Escrow.com mainly due to their not so much complicated verification requirements which is especially frustrating for one time buyer. Thanks for the members who suggested using Sedo escrow when I asked I need to know some alternative to Escrow.com where I can receive funds in PayPal.

The only issue I face using Sedo escrow is when I initiate a transaction, the request goes to Sedo to start transaction whereas it should automatically be started like at Escrow.com. They must make it automated instead of current manual system which seems bit outdated.

Another sale was super quick and smooth. The buyer came via Uniregistry lander on Avellino.com which I acquired two years back for low 4 figures.

I originally quoted $16,888. Buyer simply agreed to price and asked how to proceed with next step. Started Uniregistry checkout which is very smooth and easy to use. The only issue is their service fee which is on high side considering the escrow fee was paid by buyer and still their service fee which I’d to pay was $186. Still I’m happy using their escrow compare to Escrow.com. So currently I prefer using either Sedo escrow or Uniregistry checkout. In both cases, I put on escrow fee to be paid by buyer.

Original author: Abdulbasit.com

• paul
      paul commented
      Editing a comment
      Great.

Thank you for the insights.
    Posting comments is disabled.

WELCOME TO DOMAINX™ FORUM

Collapse

Since 2014, DOMAINX™ was developed to build community and provide income opportunities to aspiring Internet professionals, is now a part of multiple success stories.

Disclaimer: Views expressed by members are their own, and not those of DOMAINX™.

Collapse

SUbscribe & Download eBook!

Collapse

* indicates required

Latest Articles

Collapse

• Advice to (New) Domain Name Investors
    by DOMAINX™
    Bob Hawkes, a Canadian domain name analyst and investor published an extensive set of guidelines for domain name investors on his personal blog; It's All In The Name. We reproduce below the top 8 items, and a link to the entire article is given at the bottom.

The other day someone asked what advice would domainers have with respect to their first attempted or realized domain sale. I decided to answer the question more generally than only the first sale attempt. Here is my advice, expanded...
    29-08-2019, 03:58 PM
  • Important Tools For Domain Name Research
    by DOMAINX™
    How do you sell domain names? How do you find domain name endusers? How do you find domain name owners? or How do I lookup domain name history?

I get these and bunch of other questions related to domain names almost every day. I was literally exhausted from typing same set of answer for different people.

Here are bunch of Internet tools which will help you sell domain names, find domain name endusers, find domain name owners or lookup domain name history. Hundreds and thousands...
    17-08-2019, 03:34 AM
  • How to List Your Domain Names for Sale at Afternic?
    by DOMAINX™
    If you have never heard about Afternic, continue reading to learn why it is an important domain name sales platform and how you can list your domain names for sale at Afternic.

Afternic is a Godaddy company and one of the most prominent domain name market place for already owned domains. Domain name owners are able to list and sell their domain names through Afternic website. Most of the times, domain name owner is required to approve each domain name listing through the approval...
    08-08-2019, 03:35 AM
  • List of Domain Name Brokers in the Industry
    by DOMAINX™
    Every day there is a new message or a request from a domain name investor seeking help in order to sell his/her domain name.

We clearly identify that we do not broker domain names most of the time, unless we know client personally, however there are plenty of domain name brokers who can help you.

Domain name brokers and brokerage platforms are the ones who dedicatedly help you in selling your domain name for the right market price. These individuals or companies enable...
    06-07-2019, 01:10 PM
Working...
X