Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never use ExpiredDomains.co.nz

Hi,

I am here sharing my experience with them.

I had placed bids (back-order) for 2 domains with them.

For both the domains, amount always gets deducted when auction gets closed and their registration attempt starts later.

They are deducting amount irrespective of the point whether they are successfully able to catch and register the domain or not. When auction gets closed, amount gets deducted and after that they try to register the domain if catched.

Irrespective of the failed attempt, they deducted $24.5 and when asked for refund, below is their reply :
    I've checked with our payment system and confirmed that the amount been not taken out from your card, it's initially set to "Authorisation" which means the DPS will hold the amount but won't take the money from your bank.
    Please check with your bank for the amount to refund.

It has already been more than 10 days and I don't know what to do in such cases. I have removed the card from their system and would never use them in future.

Looks like your issue is with the payment processing aspect of the company (which is generally handled by third parties) and not with the services of the company itself.

Payment processors are very complicated and there is no "one size fits all" solution for money not refunded issue which is faced by millions of people every single month. It may take 24 hours to beyond a month for amount to be reversed in your account. It is very subjective and depends mainly on your own bank and type of card you used, rather than the company whom you paid.

In this case I suggest you to not think of the company as a culprit, and communicate with them at regular intervals (3 business days).

I also strongly suggest you to file a reversal request with your own bank (whose card you used) as soon as possible and follow up with them at least weekly.

Last edited by Mishra; 21-05-2019, 01:28 PM.

Comment

• Vasan
      Vasan commented
      Editing a comment
      Last week i had been to China. On the day of checking in the hotel my card was charged for 1200 CYN. But on third day when I vacated the asked for the card as the hotel was only 1152 CYN or so as described in this case and this time card is not debitted. But authorisation to clear the payment was taken they say. Minimum few bugs due fròm the hotel will be within 15 days they said. This is for your information.

Originally posted by Mishra View Post

I also strongly suggest you to file a reversal request with your own bank (whose card you used) as soon as possible and follow up with them at least weekly.
    This is your best bet as far as I can read your post correctly @domauser23 :-)
    Need help? Private message me :-)

Comment

Any update or response?
      Last edited by Mishra; 29-05-2019, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Thanks guys.
        I got refunded by the bank.
        But ExpiredDomains.co.nz process is same. So every time we will have to request bank for refund if ExpiredDomains.co.nz isn't able to register the domain for our backorder.

Comment

Originally posted by domauser23 View Post
          Thanks guys.
          But ExpiredDomains.co.nz process is same. So every time we will have to request bank for refund if ExpiredDomains.co.nz isn't able to register the domain for our backorder.
          so in short, dont use them :-)
          Need help? Private message me :-)

Comment

Originally posted by domauser23 View Post
            Thanks guys.
            And I repeat. It must be your bank's or payment processor's fault. Change your bank (or credit card company) and the problem will most probably vanish.

Comment

WELCOME TO DOMAINX™ FORUM

Collapse

Since 2014, DOMAINX™ was developed to build community and provide income opportunities to aspiring Internet professionals, is now a part of multiple success stories.

Disclaimer: Views expressed by members are their own, and not those of DOMAINX™.

Collapse