No announcement yet.

Should I increase price of .com value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I increase price of .com value?

So, here is the whole thing. I own a domain with .com extension and the same domain name (company name actually) launched their website with .mc. Since they are just opened their business for a specific state, they have choosen .mc.

For instance:
    I own: xyz.com
    Company running: xyz.mc (because their product is limited to that state now)

Now because of the exact brand name, I am getting decent views on .com automatically. I also came across that I registered my domain in the month when they announced their business for that specific state. What I feel is sooner or later, .com gonna have good value.

Now I have following questions:

Should I approach the owner or just wait for the right call?
    Should I increase price of that domain?

Also, any helpful remarks would be welcome..

Thanks!
    Vineet Kumar
    ​​​​​

Yes, try reaching out to them.
    If they registered their domain before you bought the COM, they might not be interested at all, or might not spare a good handsome amount for the COM. If not, price sensibly, and you shall churn some profit.

Comment

You can try to reach out and gauge interest and sell at reasonably low enduser price or simply wait out to demand a higher price. :-)
      Need help? Private message me :-)

Comment

I would say hold on, don't approach.
        They would sooner or later realise a leak in their traffic and emails and then would try to get the .com
        Let them build their company first. The bigger they are your returns would get bigger.

But be aware, if their company has trademarks and has been registered before your domain date, then it would be of no use.

Comment

WELCOME TO DOMAINX™ FORUM

Collapse

Since 2014, DOMAINX™ was developed to build community and provide income opportunities to aspiring Internet professionals, is now a part of multiple success stories.

Disclaimer: Views expressed by members are their own, and not those of DOMAINX™.

Collapse